Custom Sagem F@ST 2504 Firmware
As anyone who owns one of these routers knows, the default administration interface is very limited, many features that this router supports have been locked out by sky (telnet access, DNS settings, Quality of Service, IP Filtering etc.). The default sky firmware actually has a secondary Sagem web interface with access to all these settings, but it is turned off by default (and it cannot be changed from the sky web interface).
This custom firmware updates the configuration area of the router to allow access to this advanced web interface.
Warnings: Read these carefully!
- If your router gets unplugged / there is a power cut during the upgrade process your router may become inoperable. However unlikely this may seem, it is a very real possibility and this procedure should only be attempted if you have a backup router.
- All your router settings will be lost during the upgrade process, INCLUDING the factory default settings (wireless SSID, wireless key and MAC address). If somthing has happened to the sticker on the base of your router detailing this information DO NOT flash this firmware. Without these details you will not be able to connect to the internet.
- It is highly recommended that you connect to your router directly via ethernet cable and NOT through wireless while updating.
- It is highly recommended that your disconnect your router from the phone line while updating.
- All though I have tested this firmware extensively, there is a chance that something may go wrong. I will not be held responsible for any harm that comes to your router due to use of this firmware.
- Sky automatic updates have not been disabled by default, if they release a firmware or configuration update in the future it will overwrite this firmware and disable the extra features.
Fixed: Invalid header error when using Sky Router Tool
- The full sagem web interface is enabled by default, giving access to a large amount of previously unavailable settings.
- This is a only very slightly modified sky firmware, it should not be detectable by sky that you are running a different firmware.
- This firmware will work with the upcoming version of Sky Router Tool.
- This firmware can be used to easily return a router which has had Sagem F@ST 2404 firmware flashed to it to Sky firmware.
How to install it
- Before continuing make sure you read, and understand all of the warnings above
- Download the new firmware from Sky_V2.8_Modified_V1.1_mrmt32.w
- Log into the sky web interface and select "Router Upgrade"
- Browse for the firmware file then click "Upload". Make sure you do not unplug your router after starting the upgrade process, doing so could permanently break it.
- Wait about 2 minutes before trying the next step.
- After 2 minuites visit http://192.168.0.1 (if you previously had changed your router's ip address it will now have reverted to the default).
- If all went well you should be greeted by the following screen:
- Type in the details it asks for, making sure they exactly match those on the bottom of your router
- After clicking save you should get the following screen and your router will reboot:
Sagem Web Admin Access
The Sagem web admin can be accessed either from the link on the front page of the sky interface, or by visiting http://192.168.0.1/main.html.
Disabling Sky Auto Update
The sky automatic firmware update can be disabled by visiting http://192.168.0.1/skyinfo.html, clearing the fields marked "FVC file URL 1", "FVC file URL 2" and "Default HTTP POST URL" and clicking save. Note that doing this may allow sky to know that you are using custom firmware (as your router will no longer access their servers checking for updates).
Re-Enabling Sky Auto Update
Follow the disabling procedure but fill in the following settings:
FVC file URL 1: http://fast2504.skyfirmware.com
FVC file URL 2: http://fast2504.skyfirmware.com
Default HTTP POST URL: http://fast2504.skyfirmware.com/status/
Sagem Technical Info
I have written a page detailing the router's technical details and how to make your own firmwares for this router at:http://code.google.com/p/sky-router-.../SagemFAST2504
Please click here for the original forum thread.